Are you looking to understand more about payday loans worldwide and how payday loans work around the world? Did you know that payday loans are offered on a short-term basis across the globe and not just in the UK? Payday loan products are often an easy, convenient and fast way to get quick cash especially in an emergency situation. This guide from Moneyboat will highlight the need to know regulations, to keep you safe whilst borrowing – whichever country you’re in. For short term borrowing needs, a payday loan from around the world may be the solution you are looking for.
What is a Worldwide Payday Loan?
The good news is that payday loans worldwide are often not affected by bad credit. Most short-term lending institutions don’t ask for a high credit scores in order to be approved.
How Much Do Loans Cost Around the World?
Worldwide Regulations for Payday Loans
Payday Loans in the USA
Loans in Texas
In the state of Texas, short-term loans are very popular owing to the fact that it is the second most largely populated state in the USA. Texas is always booming with multiple economic activities which drive people to source emergency funding to solve their temporary financial struggles.
Loans in North Dakota
In North Dakota, it is estimated that about 6.3% of the adult population have taken out a payday loan. The average APR for a 14-day loan of $100 is 520%. The maximum loan amount allowed to every borrower is $500 with a maximum term of 40 days. If a borrower chooses to defer, they may not exceed the allowed 60 days. This is inclusive of the one renewal and initial deferral.
Payday Loans in Canada
British Colombia Province
In British Colombia, there are strict regulations restricting the number of payday loans a borrower can take at a time. This, however, hasn’t prevented the fact that the province has registered the highest usage of payday loans in the whole of Canada.
The province requires an APR disclosure, and a borrower could cancel the loan at the end of the following day without attracting any extra charges. The Post –Default Interest Rate allowed is 30%.
In Quebec, there are heavy regulations for payday loans. They are controlled by usury laws that state that any interest charged on loan borrowed above 60 % per annum is taken to be criminal.
How much are Payday loans in the UK?
Payday loans worldwide carry similar characteristics to the payday loans offered in the UK. In the UK, Payday loans are regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). Currently, short-term loan direct lenders like MoneyBoat are leaders in the credit industry by aiding in the progressive development of real-time data sharing. The average amount offered for a payday loan by most financial institutions in the UK is £260 within a duration of 22 days. If the borrower is not able to pay on time, the default charges must never exceed £15.
Useful MoneyBoat Facts
MoneyBoat.co.uk is a UK based direct lender. We are an FCA approved short-term lender that offers payday loans at lower rates than other institutions in the UK online financial market.
Nationwide Finance offered by Moneyboat
Why Delve into Payday Loans Worldwide?
Some areas have very strict regulations while others have none at all. Some payday loans worldwide have similar structures to the UK financial market – while others are literally worlds apart.
A Possible Solution for the Short Term
A simple, straightforward and honest explanation of your situation will suffice. Together, we can look into innovative ways of remedying the situation.
How To Get A Payday Loan In The UK
Firstly, the borrower has to fulfil the following conditions:
The applicant must:
- have full or part time employment
- be at least 18 years of age to qualify
- be a bank account or debit card holder
- have a valid work number or email address
After the info is populated, your online application for a payday loan will be very straightforward.
Payday Loan Regulations In The UK
There were dramatic changes to the short-term loan industry when FCA took over from the Office of Fair Trading (OFT) the consumer credit regulation.
Short Term Loan Industry Changes
• Collection processes were made to be as transparent as possible. In addition to this, the number of times a loan could be rolled over or extended is highly regulated. A maximum of two rollovers is now permitted.
• Lenders had to change the way they promoted their loans to their clients. This included key features such as rules around promotional methods, displaying risk warnings and enhanced affordability checks.
• A limit was placed on two unsuccessful or failed attempts at collecting via Continuous Payment Authority. This is a payment method where the money that is owed to the short-term loan financial institution is deducted from the bank account of the borrower.
• The borrower will never have to pay back more than double the amount they originally borrowed.
• If borrowers default on payment or do not repay their loans in time, the default charges should not go over £15.
• 0.7% per day of the borrowed amount is the maximum interest rate allowed.
MoneyBoat UK acts in full compliance with the FCA principles, and we set our regulations as follows:
• 0.7% interest rate charge per day on the capital amount borrowed by the customer – lower than the maximum average.
• A £15 late payment fee is imposed on the borrower that is refundable. It is however payable if a borrower has an unpaid repayment that has exceeded three days from the initial due date.
• A court fee in case of a lawsuit arising from default payments that are charged as per the court charges with no extra cost. We will try to work with you directly in case you miss a payment to try to retrieve our money before we resort to the court option.
• An enforcement fee imposed as per the court charges with no extra costs.
Laws of Compliance
How do we Communicate?
What Is the Refund or Cancellation Policy for Payday Loans Around the World?
Most short term loan institutions dealing with payday loans worldwide offer refunds based on the discretion of the borrower. In the UK, Moneyboat.co.uk offers its customers a favourable policy for cancellation of a loan.